We’re looking for fun, creative individuals who are able to generate energetic concepts that complement and expand the environmental experience of elite athletic programs and corporate environments.
Interns at Advent are often heavily involved in the design process on actual projects with the potential to enhance their professional skill set. Getting coffee will be out of the goodness of your heart, not a mandate.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and/or Sketchup
- A portfolio that demonstrates good composition and critical problem solving skills
- Sketchbook with you at all times
- Positive attitude
- Ability to take criticism and direction
- The ability to sling and identify movie quotes within daily design vernacular
You should expect:
- To work under a design director to move projects through the pipeline
- To regularly use Photoshop
- To jump in wherever you are needed
- To experience the deep end of the pool early and often
- To learn more than any class could teach you
- To engage in projects from the start
What we need from you:
- Portfolio *an online digital portfolio link MUST be included*
- Example of sketching abilities (project from sketch to completion)
- What your superpower would be if you had one
Perks include a casual dress code, fantastic coworkers, and a collaborative workspace so you can easily talk over a project (or last night’s game)—or zone out in headphones. Our modern workspace includes a ping-pong table, a classic arcade game, and tons of flat-screen TVs to watch soccer matches and Apple product announcements. At lunch, people congregate at the large farm table and eat together, solidifying our sense of community. Our athletes play on a local soccer team, while our more fun-loving brethren field a kickball team. And of course, we’ve got Mac computers, laptops, and iPads, not to mention multiple large screens so you can see your designs clearly.
The building is set up to encourage creativity, with large, open lofted spaces and great views of the rolling hills of Nashville. Natural light permeates the building. Our kitchen is always stocked with tons of snacks, as well as a juicer, Vitamix, and full-size oven for Cookie Thursdays. Lunches are catered at least once a month, and we enjoy monthly outings as a team.
Plus, with a convenient location right off 440, we’re close to pretty much everything in Nashville. For quick lunches, we are less than five minutes from the restaurants and shops at 100 Oaks, including Baja Burrito, Cafe Monell’s, Calypso Cafe, Firehouse Subs, Schlotzsky’s, Panera, Panda Express, and we’re less than 10 minutes from 12South and all of its hipster goodness (and barbecue).
Check out our blog for what we’ve been up to lately or learn more about the individuals that make up Advent. We can’t wait to meet you.
All information required for application submission