Site Surveyor (Part-Time)
This position is a part of Advent’s growing team in Nashville, Tennessee. The Site Surveyor will be responsible for traveling to project sites to collect field measurements through traditional methods and 3D scanning. Primary areas of focus are field measuring, documentation of site conditions, 3D scanning, sketching, and document management for design projects.
A successful applicant is someone well-versed in spatial design applications and with a strong understanding of design and fabrication practices. The candidate should have confidence in field measuring, 3D scanning (training to be provided), 2D drawing and the ability to visualize in 3D space primarily as it relates to interiors and building systems.
This role requires a high degree of self-motivation, strong attention to detail, flexibility, ability to quickly absorb information from the field, and a willingness to travel to various project sites across the country. This position is part-time with fluctuating hours. In this position, you will collaborate with the team to develop accurate site context drawings and models as well as communicate status of construction for the production documentation phase of the project.
The job involved the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Fabrication/Installation team on construction progress updates, site visits, field measurements, and production documentation.
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Quality Control of field measurements and construction changes.
- Provide internal assistance to designers and project team members regarding site survey information.
- Collaborate with project teams to prepare, plan and coordinate site information requirements for projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-3 years of related experience
- Proficiency in the use of traditional measuring methods, i.e. measuring tape, laser measurer, 3D Scanner. Familiarity with Autodesk Autocad and Revit is a plus.
- College degree in design, construction or similar (applicants with 2-yr degree or no college experience may be considered given appropriate work experience)
- Experience and working knowledge of construction and design language and terminology.
- Strong understanding of design and construction industry practices.
- Experience and high proficiency with methods of measurements – tape measurer, laser measurer, and 3D scanning.
- Commitment to advancing technical design practices through the use of available tools and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work on multiple projects and handle multiple tasks during the same time period
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- This positions will require a high level of travel to project sites across the country.
Other skills and qualifications that are considered a plus:
- Experience in hand sketching and drawing
Please attach the following in the application form below:
- Cover letter
- 3 to 5 references with contact information
- Please attach all files as a PDF if possible
All information required for application submission