The Strategic Advisor will work to identify opportunities, initiate proposals, close sales and maintain customer relationships within a designated region. The Strategic Advisor will report to the VP of Client Strategies.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Build business by identifying and selling prospects within the college, professional athletic, and college academic sectors; maintains relationships with customers.
- Identify business opportunities by evaluating their needs to help assess fit and appropriateness with Advent’s solutions.
- Establish contact (phone, email, handwritten notes, in-person visits) and develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs and opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and, recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintain territory sales data in Salesforce.com database as required.
- Accurately forecast opportunities in Salesforce as laid out by the Advent sales process.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain a memorable level of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending industry workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and, benchmarking state-of- the-art as well as competitive practices.
Given the nationwide scope of our business, this individual would be expected to travel on a frequent basis (an average of 61-80 nights per year) to develop customer opportunities and relationships within their territory. A territory will be assigned. Territories currently available are in the Southeast, Midwest and West.
Sales Executive Skills and Qualifications:
Strong communication skills (written and oral), presentation skills, client relationship skills, a proven commitment to excellence, high energy level, negotiation abilities, prospecting skills, strong commitment to and track record for meeting sales goals, creativity, sales planning experience, independence, and high motivation levels.
Candidates would preferably live in the Nashville area or be willing to relocate. Candidates who live in the territory will be considered based on their experience as a remote employee.
Ideally, the candidate would have 2-3 years experience calling on decision makers, senior executives discussing strategic opportunities from $100,000 to $1 million+. Experience in the sports industry would be considered highly beneficial.
Please attach the following in the form below:
- Cover Letter
- 3 to 5 references with contact information
- Please attach all files as a PDF if possible
All information required for application submission